Reporter, renewable energy industry
Solar Media Ltd provides the most authoritative, independent and valuable information for the rapidly growing international solar, storage and electric vehicle industries; online, in print, through market intelligence and in person. We are known as leaders within the renewables sector and if you feel strongly about the future of energy and transport and want to play an important role, look no further.
Solar Media’s portfolio of live events exists to drive innovation, collaboration and partnerships in the indisputably growing renewables and EV sectors. We work with the leaders in this space to create original and market-leading live experiences to the connect businesses and individuals forever changing the world we live in.
We are recruiting a full-time reporter to join our in-house editorial team, which is responsible for the production of class-leading output across a range of platforms including https://www.current-news.co.uk/ and https://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/ and their associated digital channels, weekly podcasts, white papers and several annual industry events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the supervision of the editorial management team, the reporter will contribute on a daily basis to Solar Media’s digital platforms, sourcing and writing news stories and longer features; attending
and covering industry conferences and major relevant events; producing industry commentary via social media; and supporting the wider editorial team across a range of other projects and initiatives, including events and podcasts.
The successful candidate will be tasked with producing content that’s well researched, is engaging and informative, and which aligns with Solar Media’s vision to be the most authoritative voice in the solar, storage and clean energy industries, providing proactive, market-leading news coverage, analysis and insight – online and in print – to help accelerate the low carbon transition.
· The ability to write and edit crisp, accurate and authoritative copy to deadline
· A strong and demonstrable understanding of the clean energy world and the industry behind it
· Experience of working in journalism, B2B media and/or a newsroom environment
· The ability to build and maintain an extensive network of contacts and sources
· A working knowledge of content management systems and digital mail-out platforms
· An excellent understanding of social media channels and their varied audiences and uses
· Podcasting experience is desirable but not essential
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Incredible attention to detail and work ethic
· Enthusiasm, industry, curiosity and self-motivation.
This is an opportunity to gain an outstanding range of experience at a dynamic and growing editorial business that would suit someone looking to continue their development in journalism with a specific focus on the clean energy space.
What We Offer:
· Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
· Travel to attend internal and external events, both in the UK and internationally
· Competitive and diverse culture including incentives, awards and recognition for over-achievers
· A rewarding opportunity to work within the clean energy sector
To apply please send a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and your CV.
The deadline for applications is Friday 1st December 2023.
Due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within three weeks, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.